Friday, October 26, 2007

I went on a mission today, hoping to find some cheap beads for some wedding pages I am scrapbooking. After a trip yesterday to one of my favorite stores, I discovered that I was not able to use my 50% off coupon there like I had hoped. (Long story, but basically I'm mad at them for sending of 50% coupons but then discounting everything in the store 30 or 40% and then not letting me use the higher discount...It's a trick to get you into the store and so I decided not to buy my beads there if I could get them cheaper elsewhere).
Anyway, I tried looking at the flea market, because they always have lots of jewelry there and I thought maybe I could find some premade things and then take them apart for the beads and that would be cheaper. I am always looking for the best deal, no matter how or where it comes...even if I do have to drive accross town to go to the flea market to find it. Well, I didn't end up finding anything worth purchasing there, but one fun thing did happen.
I overheard this girl talking to an antique dealer about how she was an actress and did some TV work and such.I don't know why I started listening at first, but I was interested. And she also looked somewhat familiar to me; I thought she looked like a girl I knew from church. Well, I kind of continued to ease drop and then the antique dealer asked her what she had done in the television realm and she said, "Have you heard of Grey's Anatomy? I am on that show sometimes." Right away my ears perked up because that is one of my favorite shows (that I never miss!) and looked at her knew why I recognized her then and said, "Hey! Yeah, you are!" And she said, "Yep, there you go."
Anyway, she is the girl who plays Dr. Sydney Heron, that really perky, happy and annoying Doctor. She doesn't have a main role, but she is on there. I've added a picture: Do you know who I'm talking about?
I wished I had brought my camera so I could have taken a picture with her to show Jerrod, 'cause we just watched her on the show the night before. Jerrod just said, "What was she doing at the flea market?" He always makes fun of me when I go there because he said it's redneck. So, I don't know why she was at the Nashville Flea Market, but she is apparently from Memphis, so maybe this is sort of her neck of the woods. And why the flea market, I don't know. But, even actors from the most popular show on TV still might like good deals.

0 comments: