Saturday, May 17, 2008

I think I'm supposed to be in bed right now, 'cause I have to "help" in the yard tomorrow.

We have to do lots of work tomorrow....We have been digging a trench through our back yard to put in a pipe to carry rain water that is causing some drainage problems. Only problem being that the only thing we can dig through is rock as top soil appears to be non-existent. We're digging about a foot down and 8 inches across. You should see some of the big rocks we pulled out in only a few feet of digging. We're probably going to need at least 60 ft more...It's pretty crazy.
I don't mind my job too much yet...I just scoop the dirt/rocks out with the shovel, but I don't dig to have to break rock...that's J's job.
Before we started, I told J he was too ambitious about this digging stuff and for once he finally agrees with me, Only took about 2 feet of trench digging for him to actually admit I was right.

1 comments:

Krista said...

congratulations on being right ... and having him know it too! I bet you could hire people of "other" ethnic status to do the job for pretty cheap. They hang out at a local gas station here, just waiting to get picked up to do manual labor jobs us white-ies are too pathetic to do...