Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Extra tired.

So, I have had a pretty bad week...and have done basically nothing, literally, because I have been so tired, it's painful.

I actually had to have a second sleep test scheduled so they can try to figure out why I am so tired during the day. As of the first study, they were leaning towards the possibility that I may have Narcolepsy or Hypersomnia. The second test is a daytime test, so in order to prepare for this test, I had to completely go off one of my medications and as a result, I have been so tired, I'm half dead. I really didn't even have energy to type anything. I was a whole week without my medicine and it was a painful experience.

Today I finished my second study. When I finally got to take my medicine after it was done today, I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude to be living in a time where we have modern medicine to help us. Since I'm reading and thinking about history a lot, the thought came to me: "What if I had lived in Elizabethan times, or something like that, and had this condition?! How would I survive?" It made me sad to think of how terrible it would be to live like that...I guess even though I am usually pretty tired, I have now been made painfully aware of how tired I naturally am without any medication to help me.

I won't know all the results of my study until probably at least Monday.

0 comments: