Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A pretty small, big difference.


I just got the new 24" iMac this past weekend.
My "old" computer (I use "old" lightly, because I'd only had that one since October) was the 20" iMac and of course, it was perfectly fine and great. But, J suggested that when these new iMac's came out recently, I might upgrade to that since he had already talked to someone who was interested in the 20" we had.

I now realize that just four small inches can make quite a big difference.
Everyday, when I get up I turn on my computer and open the blinds in my office so I can see how things are out in the world. Throughout the day when I'm at my desk, I am able to watch out the window; see what's going on down the street, what the weather is like, see when the mail comes, if any bunnies run into the flower bed.
But, my monitor is so big now, I can hardly see out the window any more! haha.
I'm not complaining, though. Don't mistake me there. The new computer is pretty awesome.
And, the one benefit to not being about to see out the window is that people can't see me either....You know, when someone comes to the door to sell you something, it's easier to pretend you're not home if they can't see you as they walk up to the house. I'm always hiding behind the monitor. But now, it will be even easier. haha.

0 comments: