Saturday, April 26, 2008

Waiting

So, I'm still waiting to get my sleep study tests back. I think it will probably (hopefully) be Monday. It takes them a few days to go over them. I read somewhere that a single sleep study generates 800 pages of data.

I'm very anxious about it, because, I didn't feel like I slept the same at the study as I normally do. I didn't think I dreamed as much and I definitely didn't get to sleep as long. I didn't fall asleep until 1:00am and they made me get up before 6:30am. Normally I sleep at least 10 hours. So, I just really hope the results will be the same as they would be on a "normal" night....or at least that they got all the information they need to make an accurate diagnosis.

I had a migraine the next day and just felt so frustrated about it the next day because they won't tell you any results at the time. I guess because the technicians aren't doctors, they can't. But, I know they know more than they let on. And they try to ask you all these tricky questions to see what your perception and interpretation of your sleep is, so see if you are accurate or not. I was just irritated that I couldn't find out right away what I need to do next.
I do think that I am going to have to go back for another test where I will stay one night and then one day and have a daytime test.

I just am really anxious about all of this because I would really like to find a way that I can feel better...and I've tried so many things already, it would be nice if this was finally the answer to what is affecting me.

2 comments:

Krista said...

have you ever tried melatonin?

Lindsey Rae said...

No...that is one thing I actually haven't tried. But, I have thought about it and I think at one point did a little research about it. May be worth looking into again...