Wednesday, June 6, 2007

When I got married, instead of dropping my maiden name, I moved it in place of my middle name. My middle name used to be Rae but when I moved Osmond up to the middle name place, I moved Rae up with my first name, so now my legal first name is Lindsey Rae. That's where the whole "Lindsey Rae" thing at the top of this page comes from. And also that's what I'm using as a stage name for music stuff rather than my now very long name.

AND SPEAKING OF MUSIC:
A lot of people ask me about it: What I am doing and when my CD will be finished. The basic story is that I am working on it. I have a way to go still...it is a long process, because the whole recording process is done in steps where we write the songs/arrangements, then get musicians in to do basic tracks, then do scratch vocals, then keeper vocals and then go back in and add more musicians and then editing and mastering the tracks and basically getting the finished product from all that. I'm doing my best to get there. Also, for myself, because I am doing some songs in Japanese for this project, I wanted to rehearse them enough to feel comfortable that everything would sound as close to a native speaker as possible and go over them with my translator and that sort of thing. Besides that, because I work with other people doing all this, I have to work around other people and that is difficult sometimes...ok, it's difficult a lot of times and so it is frusturating for me because other people have held things up a lot. So, yes, it is slow, but it is what it is and when it is done, I expect to have a good recording and hopefully I will be happy with this CD!

0 comments: