Thursday, June 28, 2007

We Have Roads!


They finally got the roads on our future street recently. This is very exciting because that was the big thing that needed to be done before they can start building. They also put up a sign to show our lot is "under contract." However, ours got run over...hope that's not a bad sign of things to come! Anyway, I ran up there on that pile of dirt, in my high-heels, and nailed it back into the ground with a rock. But, a few days later, it is down again. Oh well. Since then they have also put in curbs and storm drains....now they just need to get building permits from the city. So, in July it should actually get started going up. We have to make decisions now on what kinds of things we want for options....in fact, we have our design studio meeting next week. It's stressful. I am always worried about making the right choice. My tastes are somewhat artistic and I would like to do some bold things, but then at the same time, we are trying to pick things that will appeal to future buyers since we are not looking at this as a long term home. So, that means we have to try to keep things somewhat neutral. Not as fun as some of the possibilities that are running through my brain, but I guess when we plan to keep our house for awhile I can do more artistic things.

0 comments: