Saturday, June 2, 2007

Some people's children....

The funniest thing happened to me at church last Sunday.
First of all, I was extra tired because even though we go to church at 1:00 pm, that morning I first went up to Gallatin, near where I used to go to school, and sang a solo at a Presbyterian church. (I did Bach's "My Heart Ever Faithful" and also sang as a guest with their choir).
Anyway, we went back to Nashville and went to our church after that and after sacrament meeting I was rushing, as usual, to get stuff together for the class of 8-year-old's we teach. Well, when I was doing that, this little 5-year-old kid, who I had never seen or talked to before, stopped me and said, "I saw you singing up there today," (we had a choir number in sacrament meeting). I was surprised because I had no clue who this kid was and thought it was strange that he picked me out of the entire choir to notice. "Really?" I said. "Yep, and I think you are a good singer," he says. Well, ok, then. So, he starts saying, "are you going to stay here with me?" I said, "No, I have to teach the older kids and you are in junior primary." And for whatever reason, he was disappointed about this.
So, later on, it just happened that we had to join the younger kids for a practice for some songs they are singing for father's day. Well, when that boy saw me he was just so excited, "YOU CAME BACK!" he said! And grabbed my hand and said I HAD to come sit by him. He talked my ear off the whole time we were practicing and then I found out his name was the same as my husband's, which made him run out in the hall because he HAD to meet Jerrod then too! As we are sitting there he says, "I just want to be with you every day!" It was so funny. I said, "why do you like me so much?" He says, "I don't know, I just love you, I just want to see you every day!" I couldn't stop laughing. I can't believe how brave some kids are. I would have never have gone up to some random person at church and done that sort of thing. Anyway, as he's leaving primary later, he says, "bye! See you tomorrow!" Well, tomorrow is Monday, so most likely not, but I didn't say that. Really quite funny and kept me entertained through a lot of church, which was good so at least could stay awake, since I didn't get to sleep in!

0 comments: