Monday, November 12, 2007

Appartment Friends...


In my appartment complex, I had 4 people there used to talk to around here and it seems they are all disappearing.
First there was Mari; who was my good friend. She is Japanese and lived here until May before she moved back to Japan. We used to hang out quite often and she made me lunch and I liked that a lot because she was a good cook. I really miss having not having a Japanese friend near me.
The other three people I just talked to. One I don't even know her name, but I know she had a pug dog named Coach...I guess mostly I just liked to see Coach. But now Coach moved away.
The other was a girl who lived next door to me and has now moved also. I liked her because she liked my art and always came over to me when I was working on projects to tell me she was jealous of my creativity and that I inspired her to make a scrapbook, so that was nice. And finally, I talk to George, who is an elderly guy who seems to not be in good health. He has a motorized wheelchair and he zooms and I mean zooms around on that thing; driving up and down the street several times a day. For exercise he says. (I find that so funny because, obviously, it's the chair, not him, that's doing the moving.) He carries an oxygen tank with him as he zooms around. Funny thing was that I always saw him so often. Even when I was going over Vanderbilt, on the other side of town. As it turned out, we had the same physical therapist. Anyway, tonight a firetruck and ambulance came and took George away. So, I hope he will be ok. They weren't moving too fast though, so I was a little worried that maybe he had passed away after they got there. But, we saw they hook an IV up through the ambulance window and Jerrod said that was a good sign. So, hopefully he will come back and I will see him zooming around again. I'm a little worried about him now.

0 comments: