Wednesday, March 12, 2008

And $20 later....

I think I forgot to mention that last week I got a ticket for parking in front of my driveway. Yes, this is a true story.

The city of Mt. Juliet has a law that you can't park on the street between 1:00 and 5:00 AM. We usually keep all our vehicles in the driveway, but I happened to move my car out this day because I was trying to be thoughtful and helpful and do something nice as Jerrod was going to mow the lawn (for the first time) and I was trying to make sure he had enough room to get the lawnmower out of the garage.

Around 2:00 in the morning I realized that my car was still parked in front of the driveway and not IN the driveway and so I ran out there to move it and sure enough, I already had received a parking ticket, courtesy of the Mt. Juliet police. I can't believe they don't have any bigger crime to find than me on my quiet street (which is partially still under construction), and give me a ticket only an hour after the no parking time. It's a $20 ticket! For parking in front of my own driveway! (Actually, with the right 2 wheels pretty much in the driveway anyway). Not nice at all!

1 comments:

Krista said...

That's obscene. I'd be pretty upset too.