Friday, August 8, 2008

Computers + Security

You probably have heard the story about the more than 40 million credit card numbers that were stolen from various retailers over the past few years. From the news stories I've seen, it sounds like these stores didn't have very good security in place, which is kind of crazy to me, considering the size of these corporations.

I saw this particular story for the first time a couple nights ago on CNN and they had people calling in, talking about how worried they are becoming about security issues and the rise of white collar crime.

After watching it, I thought: my husband definitely has chosen the right career path! There will probably be more and more demand for his type of skills in the future. People are going to want...or need, more computer security geniuses around!

In case you didn't see it, here's a video from Yahoo on the story:

More than 40 million credit and debit card numbers stolen from retailers @ Yahoo! Video

0 comments: