Monday, February 11, 2008

Ah, Singing! Finally!

So, I just turned on the TV, was flipping through the guide and found a new show. It's called, Bathroom Divas: So You Want To Be An Opera Star?
It's a show that's a singing competition type thing...like American Idol for opera singers and much more low budget. Not sure about the name of the show...I think they call it "Bathroom Divas" because supposedly the singers are going from singing in the shower to singing opera. (However, I don't think that anyone goes from singing in the shower to suddenly being an opera singer...I have personally know is a lot more in between there.)

I'm just very happy to finally see a singing competition on TV that has singers, being judged by real professional, trained singers, coaches and teachers. And nice to see it's not all about showing how bad some people can look and sound on national TV.
It's on a small network, that we didn't have until we got DirecTV. It would be good to see a show like this coming from a more mainstream source, because it would be nice if more of the general public could truly respect the art more and understand the amount of skill it takes for us to learn to sing opera and classical music. It's pretty much a lifelong process, I think.

And actually, I think this is a Canadian show. So, maybe you've already seen it back home?

0 comments: