Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Head Is Full

In my efforts to allow myself more productive vocal practice sessions, I've decided that I am going to start doing some recording myself at home. I want to be able to listen back to myself and analyze what I am doing more closely. I also think that it will help me to feel more confident going into the studio. Being primarily a live performer, it's somewhat difficult to get used to the studio setting and adjust to the environment. For example: wearing headphones, like you have to do in a studio, changes the pressure on your ears and so you have to learn to hear things differently. I don't think it's the most natural thing for someone who has a lot of voice training.
I got a mixer and have a new microphone coming to me. Now all I have to do is learn how to use the software. I'm going with Cubase. Just the LE version, but a challenge for me when I have no experience with it. I feel like there are a lot of things I am focused on recently and my head is full of a lot of new stuff.

1 comments:

Krista said...

looks really interesting. When you have something recorded - give me a listen!