Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Long Awaited Shelf

I was actually able to wake up for church today, which in my mind, was a miracle, because I got little sleep last night and I usually need about 10 hours.

This afternoon Jerrod and I spent some time getting out house organized somewhat more, as we had a bookshelf we got over the weekend to set up in the living room. We had some boxes to moved still and we put them away to make room for the new shelf. Most of those boxes are just full of books and we are going to get another bookshelf to put up in the bonus room to actually hold them.

The shelf we got this weekend was one we have been planning on getting for awhile. We were always planning on getting it, but the furniture store never had it on sale and I, of course, refuse to pay full price for the most part. So, we were kind of waiting to get it and looking around at some other places to see if there was something we liked more for a better price. But, it turned out that this model was going to be going out of stock now and so we ended up getting a floor model at $75 off the regular price. So, it made me feel better to know it was a sale, even if it was a floor model...there is a few scratches that we will repair, but this was the last of this color too, so we didn't have much choice in that.
Anyway, it fills up the room very nicely. We have some pendant lights that we had bought a long time ago to put over top and it actually turned out looking really good over the shelf. Even better than I expected! So, I am very pleased. Now just to figure out what I want to put on it....

1 comments:

Krista said...

I love that shelf, Lindsay, very pretty.