Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Today the temperature got up to 73 degrees. That's how it should be in February, as far as I am concerned. If it was this nice everyday, I would feel better. I always feel better when the weather is nicer.
So, since it was nice out, I had to work outside to take advantage of the good day.
I mostly finished up organizing my stuff in the garage. Jerrod cleaned it all up a couple weeks ago, and left my stuff on one side for me. But, I couldn't do much with it when it was cold out, because I didn't want to stay outside in that. (I hate cold a lot.)

I seem to have injured myself again. I am a little too good at running into things. When I was cleaning I hit my funny bone on Jerrod's weight bench in possibly the most un-funny way possible. My arm is still hurting very badly hours later and doesn't want to bend anymore. It was more than the average hitting the funny bone.

I also started sanding a cedar chest that I've had for months now, that I have been planning to re-finish. It was a second-hand item that I got awhile back, but I haven't had the chance to do much with it...and also wasn't sure how I wanted to finish it, so I was hesitating to start. But, now I think I am going to do it in black to match our dresser and use it in the bedroom to store extra blankets and that sort of thing. It's pretty dirty right now and so it's going to be a lot of work to clean up. I'm a germ-a-phobe, so that kind of freaks me out. But, at least I got a good portion of the sanding done, which is good. I really have a desire to refinish furniture, because it's cheaper if you can find something good that is second-hand and also, it allows you to be creative in doing a finish you want. But, I really, REALLY hate sanding ...my arms and hands get tired quickly, even with the electric sander.

There has been lots of bad storms and tornadoes in the south tonight, including Middle Tennessee. Doesn't sound like much came into Wilson County (where we are) though. But, there was quite a bit near where we used to live, not too far away. We have had some rain and quite a bit of wind, but from what they are saying is going on in some other areas, nothing very bad comparatively. Hopefully it stays that way. I feel more concerned about storm damage now that we are homeowners and not just renting. It would not be fun to have to be the ones to have to fix things.

0 comments: