Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy (late) Birthday, Jerrod

Jerrod's Birthday was this week. (He's 33 now...seems old to someone as young as me. haha. Just kidding.) He has had it in his head that he wanted a new drill, a DeWalt drill, for awhile now. They aren't cheap, and they don't go on sale very often. I wanted to get one for him either for Christmas of for his birthday, but I couldn't find one that was less than retail...and I can't pay full price for anything. After weeks and weeks of searching and watching DeWalt Drills on eBay, I finally bid on and won one a brand new drill for $60 less than retail. This was pretty good, because most of them, even on eBay, were going for close to what you would pay for them new at Lowe's or Home Depot.
The only problem was that the seller, who had promised to ship it within 2 days, "forgot" or for whatever reason decided not to do so. So, it did not arrive on time and I felt bad that I had no present to give him on his actual birthday. I sent the seller a little bit of a reprimand and told him that he messed up my plans for my husband's birthday present and as a seller myself, I know it is not fair to promise something to a buyer and then not come through with that thing. He apologized, blah, blah, blah.
But, the Drill did arrive, although 3 days late, and it was new and works. So, that was good. And I got a good deal, other than waiting too long. Jerrod was happy to finally have his new drill. He has almost bought one for himself a few times, but I'm glad he waited. It's very hard to buy presents for him because he is so particular about his things, so other than the fact that I had to put a lot of effort into finding the actual thing I wanted (and there is enough different types of drills out there to start to get confusing for someone like me), at least this time I knew what to get and that he would like it without question.

0 comments: