Friday, January 11, 2008

Dad in Canada

My Dad is here now, visiting from Canada.
This is the first time that my Dad has been able to come to Tennessee, so it's nice that he can be here right now. I wish that I was able to think of more great and wonderful and exciting things to do while he is here....I had a couple things I thought of, but some depended on the weather. Recent weather = downpour. But hopefully tomorrow will be a little nicer.

My dad did do some cooking for us tonight, which was nice. We generally get our food from a box. Today we had kind of "Sunday dinner" cooking, I would call it, because on Sundays, when we were growing up, we always have roast beef, which he made tonight. With the roast, we made mashed potatoes(I pealed all by myself. haha), fresh vegetables, stuffed pears, and ceasar salad. I was supposed to make some bread to go with it...but I forgot.
With all the cooking gone on today we pulled out pans and utensils I never even knew we had. Shows how much this chef is in the kitchen! If you any doubts about my cooking skills and before you judge me for trying to cook more, please read my post on Aug.6th, and that will bring full understanding as to why I would not attempt to do this often.

0 comments: